Equipment for Oil and Gas
- Thermal Insulation of Houses
- Thermal insulation of architectural monuments
- Thermal Insulation of Balconies and Loggias
- Thermal insulation of interior walls
- Thermal insulation of inter-panel joints and seams
- Insulation of Hangars and Garages
- Insulation of Mobile Homes
- Thermal Insulation of Facades
- Thermal Insulation of Metal Structures
Thermal Insulation of Equipment for Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry
In oil & gas and petrochemical industry it is necessary to solve the problem of insulation of equipment with complex surface configuration. Traditional materials often are ineffective in this case. Their application does not provide a snug fit to the insulated surface, it is labor-intensive and has bad turnaround time. As a rule, after 2 - 2.5 years such insulation requires partial or complete replacement.
LCTIC coating, both simple and combined, is successfully used as insulation and corrosion-resistant material in pipelines pumping crude oil and fuel oil, in tanks for storage of petroleum products (gasoline and kerosene), as well as insulation of individual units of turbines for gas pumping and other processing equipment.
In each of these cases, using LCTIC coating solves the tasks.
The most common example of using this insulation material is protection of tanks filled with lighter petroleum fractions (gasoline, kerosene, etc.) against overheating by sunlight. The boiling point of these petroleum products is about 40°C. Even in areas where climate is not so hot, metal in summer months is capable to warm up to 80°C, which leads to evaporation of the contents of tanks and vessels. The loss can reach up to 40% of total volume.
Equally important is the problem of insulation of tanks for storing ammonia, sulfuric acid, styrene and other reactive liquefied gases used in the petrochemical industry.
In case of tanks for storing fuel oil, diesel, bitumen, etc. it is very important that the resulting thermal insulation coating is monolithic. LCTIC+Fibre Glass cloth combined reliably insulates problem areas, without seams and joints, which are the main source of heat loss. If a structure is thin, this allows effective providing complex thermal insulation and corrosion protection of storage equipment.
Liquid consistency of the material allows within a short time, especially when using special high pressure spray painting units, insulating problem areas, ensuring tight fit to the surface and preventing "cold bridges". Using LCTIC coating at oil and gas facilities and petrochemical production completely eliminates the use of fire and does not cause the need for removal of processed tanks from the production cycle.
Using LCTIC coating to eliminate condensate on metal surfaces of oil and gas equipment is equally important. LCTIC insulating paint of small thickness (1.5 - 2 mm) having low emissivity, significantly reduces condensation, which quickly turns into ice, which is especially important for oil-producing regions of the Far North.
The main advantages of using LCTIC coating for insulation of equipment for oil and gas and petrochemical industry are:
- Liquid consistency of the coating, which allows secure insulation of difficult areas;
- Shorter project time;
- No welding during insulation;
- Good adhesion to the insulated surface;
- It is a final topcoat;
- Eliminates condensation on metal surfaces;
- It is applied without stopping the production cycle;
- It protects metal surfaces against corrosion;
- It lasts long - more than 10 years;
- The coating is easily tinted.